Compliance and Disclaimers
In Australia and internationally, the use of glass is experiencing resurgence in building design and general construction applications.
While the development of standards moves more slowly than the creative arm of the industry, the involvement of technical specialists at the design stage is imperative. Solutions developed with this level of collaboration perform better, are stronger, more reliable and safer. Sky Glass solutions for frameless balustrades or architectural applications are a great example of where design and safety can intersect.
Toughened glass is manufactured to:
- AS/NZS 2208 – Safety Glazing Materials for use in Buildings (human impact considerations)
- AS/NZS 2080 – Safety Glass for Land Vehicles
- AS/NZS 4667 – Quality Requirements for Cut to Size and Processed Glass
Custom Laminated Glass
Custom Laminated glass is manufactured to:
- AS/NZS 2208 – Safety Glazing Materials for Use in Buildings (Human Impact Considerations). Glass manufactured outside this standard can be produced and will be tested to these guidelines (and typically will be a superior safety product) but will not carry the standards marking.
Custom laminated glass is supplied, conforming to:
- AS/NZS 4667 – Quality Requirements for Cut to Size/Processed Glass
- AS1288 – Glass in Buildings – Selection and Installation
- AS1170.2 – Structural Design Actions – Wind
- AS/NZS 4586 – Slip Resistance Classifications of New Pedestrian Surface Material (for treads/flooring products)
Insulated Glass Unit
Insulated Glass Units should be installed in accordance with:
- AS 4666 – Fabrication & Installation of Insulating Glass Units (IGU)